Friday, February 24, 2017

Fire Hydrant Quilt Block and Kennel Quilts


There were 2 items on the Island Batik Ambassador list for the month of February. The Galentine's Day post here. And the opportunity to make and donate small kennel quilts to pet shelters that are affected by natural disasters. Find more information on the partnership with Island Batik and The Quilt Pattern Magazine here.


Just for the cuteness!!! This is Maya--my son's hunting dog and my daughter-in-love's tv watching partner!! Who knows what she is thinking here!!!

When I think of dogs--fire hydrants come to mind--and then the creativity kicked in. So I drew up a hydrant in the 12" x 18" size that is required for the Kennel Quilt. Then using 2 1/2" strips of Island Batik fabrics pieced together the cutest little quilt. Along with 2 other ones, ready to be sent of to a shelter in need.



 I have written the instructions for making your own Fire Hydrant Quilt Block  or on my Craftsy store. I think they would be cute in all sorts of fun colors or scrappy reds and yellows for the Fireman in your life.



6 comments:

Joanne said...

Clever design.

Marian said...

very cute, I love it.. :)

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Very cute! Great job and I'm sure Maya approves.

Anonymous said...

Such a fun idea for a block. Maya is adorable, and a good sport for wearing the hat!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Cute blocks and happy birthday to Maya!

Andrew Lopez said...

?m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that?s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.Get Best fabric of IEC 61482 from Daletec.com in all over the world.