Sunday, July 21, 2019

Let's Gather Table Runner.....


Welcome to the first day on the 2018 Christmas Collection blog hop. Nancy Scott, of Masterpiece Quilting has compiled an amazing selection of her Christmas projects and published them into this easy to read book!! The projects vary in size from small wall hanging to bed size quilts and everything in between. You can get your copy on Amazon here.


While most of the projects in Nancy's book are colored in the more traditional red, gold and green--I took the Let's Gather table runner in a different direction. I have a small collection of vintage Shiny Brite Christmas ornaments that I use to decorate my basement family room at Christmas time. This table runner is the perfect size for my table down there!! So these glorious shades of colors from Island Batik are just right!!


Don't you just love a fabric closeup!!  While Nancy's cutting directions are very well thought out and easy to follow I like to use the AccuQuilt cutting system.


Here is a hint when working with a multi color batik....after piecing all the small components of the blocks, I like to match up the multi colored parts to the colored parts for a pleasing arrangement of color.


Since I chose to make each block a different color--I find it helpful to play around with the color arrangement until it is pleasing to your eye.


Lately these long, gently wavy and overlapping lines have been my quilting design of choice on small projects. 40 wt Aurifil thread gives such great definition to the stitches. I find the design to be softly modern--meaning not as harsh as dense matchstick quilting--yet still gives a nod to the modern end of the spectrum. So a just right happy medium!!


What appealled to me besides the generous 16" x 72" size of this table runner was this super cool end treatment--it looks way more complicated than it is--and you will have to get the book to find out!! Well worth the price in my opinion!!! Love how it looks!!


Love me some vintage Shiny Brite ornaments!!!


Make sure to check out all the other amazing projects over the course of the next couple weeks--Nancy will have the daily linkups!!


Thank you to Nancy for this fun opportunity, Island Batik for the fabric, Aurifil for the thread and The Warm Company for the Warm and White cotton batting.
You can follow the sewing and quilting adventures of Lizard Creek Quilting on Facebook and Instagram.

8 comments:

Becca // Pretty Piney Quilts said...

I love it! Absolutely perfect with your vintage ornaments, and you can use it year-round if you want. Thanks for linking up to What I Made Monday.

Vicki in MN said...

It is also refreshing not to always use the traditional colors-plus now you can use it any time of year;)

Sherri @ RebeccaMaeDesigns.com said...

Terri, You've done it again! Love the colors and the quilting! Gorgeous! :)

Lisa J. said...

This is absolutely beautiful....gorgeous fabric choices.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

So beautiful! I love your little vintage Christmas tree. The ornaments and the table runner are perfect compliments. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

Susan said...

Simple and elegant - well done!

Susan said...

I like that quilting. I'm going to try it on a throw quilt I'm making for a teen boy. I think it might be just the right thing!

Rosa said...

Beautiful runner and with your fabric combo you can use it all the year.Great job done!!