Saturday, January 1, 2022

Sew Along in 2022...

 


...I have had this idea rumbling about in my head for quite a while...and finally felt nudged that 2022 is the year.


What exactly is a Quiltlet? A while back, I was watching a lot of paper crafting/card making videos--I know like I need another hobby--LOL. Well, there was a new shape in the card making world that was narrow and tall--the shape offered more space for embellishments. My mind of course went to the quilt making world and thought--Wow, I could translate the same narrow tall shape into a quilt--and there you have it--Quiltlets!! 

The finished size will always be 6" x 12". Borders will finish at 1". The center blocks units will vary in size. The 4" Qube from AccuQuilt will work perfect for the majority of the center blocks--a useful tool but not necessary.

Fusible applique shapes will be added to the pieced quilt top. The shapes will vary each month according to the theme of the Biblical promise. 

Quilt. Bind. Finished quiltlet!!


This Metal Star Stand by Stacy West of Buttermilk Basin, is what I will be using to display my quiltlets. A quick search online and they are still available in some quilt shops. I will be giving some other display ideas throughout the year.


How is this Sew Along going to work? As per my usual style--very casually!!!! 

The free pattern will be in my shop sometime on the first Monday of each month. The pattern will remain free until the next months' pattern is released. At that time it will still be available, but at a $2.00 cost. The patterns are a downloadable PDF. It will contain detailed cutting, sewing instructions and full size fusible applique templates. There will also be a quilt line drawing coloring page with some journaling space.

A Facebook live will be held on my Lizard Creek Quilting Facebook page sometime during the month--remember--I work casually!! Plus, I am a farm wife helper out in the hog barns and have no control over when I need to help!!! Various topics will be discussed--how to bind mini quiltlets, how to Snapliquilt, how the applique applies to the promise, how to use the 4" Qube--you get the picture--it could be anything--but it all will help you make your best project!!

Watch my Facebook page, Instagram or the blog for when the new Sew True Quiltlets are released.

Creekside Quilting Crew-- is a group I have setup on the Lizard Creek Quilting Facebook page. Please consider joining so we can share our finished quiltlets!! Look for "Groups", ask to join, then share your quiltlet and discuss the promise each month.


Who can participate? Anyone!! Just because this is a quilting project doesn't mean that only quilters can participate. If cardmaking is your thing--do it in paper!! If coloring is your thing--use the coloring page and enjoy!! Whatever your craft medium is--adapt and make it work for you!! I just want to put these Sew True Quiltlets out into the world for everyone to enjoy and learn from.


Why a Sew True Quiltlet sew along? 

There are many things going on in the world as of late. And a lot of it doesn't seem to make sense--it feels as if up is down and down is up. This has been my nudging, to Speak Truth in Love. I have three precious grandkids--they need to know that up is really up and down is really down!! The promises in God's Word tell us so--that is something that will never change. 

"Truth is so obscured nowdays and lies so well established that unless we love the truth we shall never recognize it." --Blaise Pascal  a French philosopher from the 1600's

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and shrewd in their own sight!"   --Isaiah 5: 20-21

"Never worry about who will be offended if you speak the truth. Worry about who will be misled, deceived and destroyed if you don't."  --Unknown

"So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin."  --James 4:17  This is the verse that nudged me!! Many years ago, I took a Spiritual Gifts course and found that presenting the Word of God in a creative artful way is a gift the Lord has blessed me with. Not using my gift for His glory would be a sin!!!


PS...Like I said, this is going to be a sew along where we make Sew True Quiltlets based on truths found in God's Word--The Holy Bible. My background is in the Christian Reformed Church, so references might be used from The Heidleberg Catechism or Our World Belongs to God, along with various hymns or praise and worship songs. The truth will be spoken with LOVE and KINDNESS to all who wish to participate.

Looking forward to what we can do together!!

Sincerely, Terri



2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm lost. I'm interested in the Quilt Along but can't figure out how to get the monthly patterns. Can you give me a simple path to follow?

Kiska said...

I'm lost also. I cannot find the pattern