Friday, September 28, 2018

Fall into Secondary Patterns with Island Batik.....


I should have called this post--better late than never!!! The assignment for JULY was secondary patterns. I had this design all ready to go and then as happens with everyone--LIFE!!


I started with these gorgeous fat eigths from the Pumpkin Patch collection that were given to me by Island Batik. You will also see some hand dyed wool I had in my stash that coordinate perfectly with this batik collection.


The 1 1/2" die #55470 from AccuQuilt made quick work of cutting all these little squares.


Love these stacks of gorgeous color.....


Spinning all the seams on the back make for a nice flat laying quilt top!!!


Now time to play....should I choose this combination....


....this one might be fun....


....could be a cute baby quilt...but I am going for a table center....


....this is the secondary design I was looking to find!!!



Now for some more fun---add some wool applique shapes using Fall Medely die #55041 from AccuQuilt. This makes such amazingly quick work of cutting this shapes!!


For these Ambassador assignments, I have been challenging myself to use some of the great features on the Bernina 790. Freemotion applique and quilting on the domestic machine uses a different muscle memory than doing it on the long arm quilting machine!! But I persevered and made it through. Not perfect--but a great challenge to myself!!


Extra fat eights from the Pumpkin Patch collection on the back.


Such quilty goodness!! I even changed thread colors 3 times!!


All ready for fall...let the crazy of harvest begin!!


It is only the farmer who faithfully plants seeds in the Spring, who reaps a harvest in the Autumn. B. C. Forbes

Genesis 8:22

"While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, And cold and heat, And summer and winter, And day and night Shall not cease."




1 comment:

Karen said...

It turned out really pretty. Love your quilting!